Monday, September 15, 2008

No time to start like the present.....

I can't quite picture who might wind up reading this blog..... more than likely it will be someone like myself. In a way, that's a good thing. I'd rather be putting stuff down on paper (actually typing on the computer) that is of some interest to some people.

I guess I'll be speaking to folks who are "Boat Struck" like myself. Fans of all things nautical, and even more specifically, model boats and all things related to them.

I currently have five books on the go. Various types of boats and their histories will be covered. Included in each book will be plans that help the reader build their own model. I'm currently behind on my schedule of getting things done. Partly due to procrastination (I wonder if there is a pill available for that?) and partially due to the fact that I keep coming up with new ideas that take my attention away from things that need doing.

I live in a weird world that has a schism down the center of it. Half of it deals with technological work. i.e. writing, blogging, desktop publishing, research, etc, etc. The other half is pure 18th, 19th, and 20th century stuff...boat building (albeit on a smaller scale). Designing and building leaves me covered with pencil lead and dried glue.

So there it is for now... my life in a nutshell. I'll try and post things more often. For now let me leave you with a couple of pics of ongoing projects.

Until next time, keep the wind at your back and press on.

Skipper Jim
History Afloat





No comments: